Pet Grooming With Our Johnston Veterinary Team
Pet grooming is an extremely important health maintenance service that your cat or dog will need periodically throughout its life. At Rush Animal Care in Johnston, our veterinary clinic employs several experienced and knowledgeable pet groomers who can make your four-legged friend look gorgeous and healthy.
The Importance of Regularly Grooming & Bathing Your Animal
Cats and dogs should be brushed, bathed, and/or groomed regularly. For instance, nails should be trimmed, coats should be brushed, and skin, ears, and teeth should be inspected. Here are a few reasons why:
- Regular grooming helps keep your pet's coat and skin clean and healthy, which can reduce the risk of skin infections, matted hair, torn nails, and other issues.
- Pet grooming can regulate your pets body temperature better since extra and/or undercoats off hair and fur is removed.
- Pet groomers are often the first people to notice early signs of a potential health issue affecting the skin, coat, ears, or even other body parts (e.g., lumps and bumps on the body or limbs). This may include underlying problems such as skin infections, ear infections, hormonal disorders, parasites, nutritional deficiencies, medication side effects, and even certain cancers.
- Groomed animals look comfortable, beautiful, and healthy!
What to Expect From Our Veterinary Team During a Pet Grooming Appointment
Our team can help make your pet's natural beauty stand out! At our clinic, our friendly and experienced staff will do our best to deliver any and all grooming services in a calm and relaxed environment.
We'll be sure to groom your animal not only to your particular liking but also in align with the needs of your pet's breed-specific needs. During a grooming appointment, your animal will be treated with care and gentleness as we wash, dry, brush, and trim her back to beauty.
Her nails, coat, skin, ears, teeth, and overall appearance will be thoroughly screened, and if a problem is suspected, we'll let you know. You can then schedule an appointment with your Johnston veterinarian.
A Few Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of pet grooming services do you offer? We provide important services such as bathing and brushing, nail trimming, anal gland expression, specialty seasonal cuts, parasite treatment and prevention, dermatological care
- What kind of grooming does my pet need? This depends on things like your animal's breed, health status, and lifestyle. For instance, some animals have double coats, whereas others have short hair. Our expert team can assess your pet's needs and provide them efficiently and professionally.
- How often should I have my pet groomed? Again, this depends on your pet. Some animals should be groomed every 6-8 weeks, while others may need grooming less regularly.
Schedule an Appointment at Our Veterinarian Clinic Today
If you're looking for quality pet grooming services near you or would like to speak with your Johnston veterinarian, then call Rush Animal Care today at (515) 270-2240.